Welcome to Open Data Kit’s documentation!¶
Open Data Kit (ODK) is a suite of open source applications that help organizations engaged in enumerator-mediated data collection. ODK tools assist with the collection and management of survey data using digital forms. These include the primary ODK applications:
- ODK Collect, an Android mobile app that replaces paper-based forms.
- ODK Aggregate, a server-side data storage and analysis tool.
Also part of the ODK suite are several tools that support form creation and data management:
- ODK Build lets you design forms with a drag-and-drop form interface.
- ODK Validate validates forms against the ODK XForms specification.
- ODK Form Uploader uploads blank forms and their media files to ODK Aggregate.
- ODK Briefcase packages and transfers data between instances of Collect and Aggregate.
ODK also maintains libraries and specifications that support these applications.
- ODK XForm is a subset of the W3 XForm specification, for use in the ODK ecosystem.
- ODK JavaRosa is a Java library that renders forms complying with the ODK XForm specification.
- XLSForm defines an Excel format for designing forms.
For a complete list of our projects, check out Open Data Kit on Github.