Collect Menus, Settings, and Security¶
- Fill Blank Form
- Lists available blank forms and lets you select a form to begin filling out.
- Edit Saved Form
- Lists completed and saved forms and lets you select a form to edit.
- Send Finalized Form
- Lists finalized but unsent forms and lets you select forms to send to the server.
- View Sent Form
- Lists forms that have been sent, even if they were deleted.
- Get Blank form
- Lists blank forms available on the server and lets you download them.
- Delete Saved Form
- Lists all the Saved and Blank Forms and lets you delete them.
- To access General Settings:
- ⋮ ‣ General Settings
- To access Server Settings:
- ⋮ ‣ General Settings ‣ Server
User Interface Settings¶
User Interface settings control Collect's appearance and behavior.
- To access User Interface settings:
- ⋮ ‣ General Settings ‣ User Interface
- Sets the display language.
- Text font size
- Sets the display font size.
Sets form navigation style for moving between questions.
- Horizontal swiping
- Forward and back buttons
- Splash Screen
- Sets an image to display while Collect loads.
- Mapping SDK
Sets the app that will be used for form question types that require map integration.
- Google Maps (default)
- Sets the map to be displayed when a widget with a mapping component is opened.
Form Management Settings¶
Form Management settings control default behavior when editing, finalizing, and importing forms.
- To access Form Management settings:
- ⋮ ‣ General Settings ‣ Form Management
- Auto send
- When enabled, forms are sent immediately when they are finalized, if the device can connect to the internet. You can specify whether to send over WiFi, cellular data, or both.
- Delete after send
- When enabled, form instances are deleted once they are sent.
- Default to finalized
- When enabled, forms are automatically finalized upon reaching the end of the form. You can opt out of this on any specific form during form completion.
- Constraint processing
Sets when form responses are validated against constraints.
- Upon forward swipe. (That is, right after the question is answered.)
- At finalization.
- High res video
- When enabled, Video widgets will record high resolution video if possible.
- Image size
New in version 1.11.0.
Sets the default maximum size for images added to forms, as measured by the number of pixels on the longest edge. Images larger than the maximum are scaled down immediately after being added.
- Original size from camera (default)
- Images are unchanged when added to a form. Recommended for use only when images must contain a lot of detail and when the internet connection used to send submissions is fast.
- Very small (640px)
- Recommended when images don't need to be detailed or the internet connection used to send submissions is slow.
- Small (1024px)
- Sufficiently detailed for most on-screen viewing but too small for printing.
- Medium (2048px)
- Sufficiently detailed for most uses, including printing.
- Large (3072px)
- Recommended when a lot of detail is needed, but you want to reduce the size of image files as much as possible.
- Import saved forms as finalized
- When enabled, forms added directly to the
instances/directory are automatically set to Finalized.
User and Device Identity Settings¶
User and device identity settings control how personally identifiable information and device ID are used.
- To access User and device identity settings:
- ⋮ ‣ General Settings ‣ User and device identity
Form metadata settings¶
Form metadata settings control how identifying information is added to the metadata of forms completed on the device.
- To access form metadata settings:
- ⋮ ‣ General Settings ‣ User and Device Identity ‣ Form Metadata
You can edit the following:
- Phone number
- Email address
You cannot edit these:
- Device ID
- Subscriber ID
- SIM serial number
When enabled, ODK Collect sends anonymous usage and error data back to the ODK development team, which helps us improve the application.
Admin settings manage other settings and features, letting you import or export settings, reset settings and delete cached data, and restrict which features are available to users of the app.
Admin settings are useful when you are managing devices that will be used by many enumerators, and you would like to limit the options available to those enumerators.
You can password protect the Admin setting screen, so enumerators cannot adjust settings or access restricted features.
- To access Admin settings:
- ⋮ ‣ Admin Settings
- General Settings
- Provides access to General Settings, with all items unrestricted.
- Admin Password
- Lets you password protect this screen.
- Reset application
- Lets you reset to default settings, delete forms, and empty caches.
- Import/Export settings
User Access Control Settings
- Main Menu Settings
- Displays a list of Main Menu features. To hide features, uncheck them.
- User Settings
- Displays a list of user settings and other features accessible in the General Settings screen. To hide features, uncheck them.
- Form Entry Settings
Displays a list of features related to viewing and filling out forms. To disable features, uncheck them.
- Moving backwards
If you disable moving backwards, the enumerator cannot use the back button or swipe right to move backwards through a form.
However, disabling this feature does not completely restrict a user's ability to access already-answered questions. So, when you uncheck this box to restrict backward movement, the app will suggest several additional restrictions which will prevent a non-admin user from revisiting already-asked questions:
- Disable Edit Saved Form option in the main menu
- Disable Save Form option in the Form entry menu
- Disable Go To Prompt option in the Form entry menu
- Set Constraint processing to validate upon forward swipe in the Form Management settings
Select YES to set these additional restrictions.
When you enable the moving backwards option, you have to configure the other changed settings since they are not automatically changed back.